Acne is a common skin disease characterized by Pimples on the face, chest, and back. It occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Pimples can vary in appearance - Whiteheads, B
blackheads, Boil-like, Crust-like, Nodular (hardened), etc. They vary in severity ranging from Mild, Moderate to Very Severe types. Pimples could be due to the following:
- Increased production of hormone (called androgen)
- Hormonal changes
- Constant use of oil based creams, medications
- Some contraceptives
- Poor hygiene etc.
Symptoms and complications of Pimples can include Swelling, Redness, Itching (when infected), Discharge, Disfigurement of face and Body Parts even Low Self Esteem especially in Teenagers.
Pimples can be effectively managed and most times treated with measures ranging from:
- Regular face washing with Warm Water
- Mild Vitamin A containing soap and other Hygienic Practices
- Use of medications such as Creams and Tablets.
If you have any of the above symptom or knows someone who does, please call Phone A Doctor Now.
<< Back To Health Tips